Metalrota AC motors are mostly designed for traction applications. In this case, the motor works intensively and needs great flexibility, in order to guarantee a huge number of high torques during the starting and acceleration processes and get optimum performance at high speed. According to the application, we can supply different types of windings:
– Optimum performance at low speed for numerous stall torques, assuring handling precision.
– Optimum performance at high speed for those applications in which the main activity is characterized by the transfer of the machine.
– Optimum performance at medium speed when compromises between the stall torque and the transfer speed must be found
Class H motor insulation is possible thanks to a class H Superior insulation wire that has a thermal resistance of 210°C. Furthermore, the stator is treated with epoxy paints and resins that higher firmness and resistance at temperatures up to 180°C.
Our speed sensors (with phonic wheel) withstand high temperatures and can be easily substituted and installed in the majority of our products. Every motor is fitted with a Philips KTY84-130 temperature sensor. Double shielded ball bearings are characterized by an internal lubrication and delivered by important suppliers such as NSK and NTN.
These high-quality components have been selected in order to assure the use flexibility needed by an electric motor. Thanks to them, motors designed for short term service can satisfy heavy load applications (e.g. lifting).
Our AC motors are specifically designed for battery operated vehicles:
– From 24V up to 96V
– From 300W up to 15kW of nominal power
– Electromagnetic brake: Metalrota motors may be equipped with electromagnetic brakes from 5Nm up to 100Nm, possibly with a protection grade of IP65
– Motors can be supplied with a protection grade from IP20 up to IP65
– Our products are manufactured complying with IEC and European standards.
– Vibration degree (EN 60034-14 IEC 60034-14): motor vibrations are completely eliminated thanks to the précised balancing of the Standard rotor DIN ISO 8821 up to the nominal speed.
– Our products are manufactured complying the EN 60034, IEC 60034 standards and the REACH 81907/2009/CE, RoHS (95/2002/CE + 65/2011/CE) environmental protection regulations. The following optional are available on demand:
– Thermal protection
– Incremental/absolute encoders
– Tacho generators
The most common motors data can be found in the catalogue. Standard flanges are usually manufactured according to B14 and B5 IEC norms but, on request, we are able to produce different types of motors:
– Splined shafts, special and custom flanges, foot mountings
– Voltage, power and rpm are selected according to the application
Obviously, many of our electric motors can be coupled with our traction systems, like drivewheels, differentials, gear pumps or our homemade reducers.